Oats Tutti Fruiti Cookies
I prepared these ‘Oats Tutti Fuiti Cookies’ topped with Ferero Rocher for this Halloween. Though we don’t celebrate Halloween, I wanted to prepare something nice for the kids who come trick or treating to our house. I had been frequently baking these cookies which I got from Sharmi’s Passions. This time I prepared with a small twist – I added 1/4 cup of coconut flakes and really liked the subtle taste of coconut in the oats cookie. As it was for kids, I placed a Ferero Rocher truffle on the cookies. You can use any other truffle or even skip the chocolate. Its very nice way to get kids and adults take oats. This cookie recipe is a keeper.
This year we also tried our hand at ‘Pumpkin Carving’. DH came up with an innovative idea of carving Lord Ganesha on a pumpkin. Take a look at the final outcome. Looks great, right?
Ok, back to the cookies recipe.. Here you go..
Oats – 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
Coconut flakes – 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1.5 tbsp
Milk – 2 tbsp
Demera Sugar – 1/4 cup
Tutti Frutti – 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essense – 1/4 tsp
Ferrero Rocher or any other truffle for topping (Optional)
1. Grind Demera sugar, if using (Normal white sugar works well too). Mix oats, wheat flour, coconut flakes, sugar, tutti fruiti, vanilla essence
2. Add butter and mix well without lumps
3. Add milk and mix well to form a tight dough
4. Make even sized balls out of the dough
5. Pre heat oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie tray with butter.Flatten the dough balls into cookies. With your thumb make a small indent on the cookies so that the chocolate can be kept after the cookies are done.
6. Place the cookies in the greased tray
7. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
8. Once the sides start to brown, remove the tray from the oven. Before the cookies cool down, place the chocolate truffle on the cookies
9. Within a few minutes the chocolate will melt slightly, Once the cookie comes to room temperature, enjoy cookies with a cup of coffee or milk.