2 Min Mug Cake (Eggless)
Yes this is all done in 2 mins! Well relishing time not included 🙂 read on..
There are almost a million microwave mug cake recipes on the internet but i have never bothered to try any of them. We are not the family that would want to have cake every week. But once, it so happened that it was my Hubby’s bday and I would have completely spoiled it if not for this cake. Being the procrastinator I am, I forgot to buy the gift he wanted. Not only that, I was too busy with my baby and chores that I couldn’t make anything sweet. It all boiled down and stood like a big monster in front of me at 11pm on my hubby’s bday eve.
That’s when I vehemently searched for microwave mug cake recipes n got this one or should I say unearthed treasure! It works like a charm. It has no eggs but its so moist and fluffy!
As my hubby was working on his laptop, I went in to the kitchen and started putting the ingredients together. Hubby later said that he thought I was doing the dishes or cleanup. I could get the batter ready in a minute – no fancy equipment is needed.all that I used was a bowl, spoon and a mug. I spent the next one min microwaving.Hubby prob thought I was warming milk. I was so surprised how the cake was really there in front my eyes in 1 min 🙂
Finally the reveal part. It was 11:55 pm.. I walked up to him with the mug. He looked up and asked, milk ? And saying so he saw the mug and cried wow what’s this!!
I wished him a happy bday and presented my cake :). The cake turned out so moist and I must say that he was completely bowled over 🙂
So here is my 2 min chocolate mug cake. I got the recipe from here
Ingredients: (for 1 mug)
1. All purpose flour (Maida) or pastry flour 1/4 cup
2. Sugar 3 tbspn
3. Oil 2 tbspn
4. Milk 1/4 cup and 1 tbspn
5. Cocoa powder 2 tbspn ( I used Ghirardelli hot cocoa powder)
6. A small piece of chocolate – I used a half snickers bar
7. Baking powder 1 pinch (if you use all purpose flour, add 1/4 tsp of baking powder)
8. Salt 1/4 tsp
1. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients except the chocolate bar
2. Add oil and milk and mix well without any lumps
3. Now choose a nice deep mug
4. Pour half of this batter into the mug
5. Break the chocolate bar and drop it into the mug
6. Pour the remaining batter on the top of the chocolate
7. Place the mug in microwave for 1 min. You will see that the cake has risen to the top and bubbles
8. Microwave for 10 more seconds. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean your cake is done
* When you use maida (all purpose flour), add 1/4 tsp of baking powder and for cake using pastry flour, add just a pinch of baking powder
* If the cake still looks bubbly on the top, that’s ok. Since this cake is very moist it tends to look like that
* Make sure that that batter is filled only up to half of the mug otherwise the cake will spill over the mug
* You can use any variety of chocolate. Even add 1 tsp of instant coffee powder to make a coffee flavored cake
* This cake is ideal to greet surprise guests. It takes less time to make than coffee.
*You can portion control late night chocolate or cake cravings with this cake.
* This hot n moist cake is perfect for the cold weather days