We are celebrating Navarathiri in my household by preparing different sundals for each and everyday. Check out how we celebrated day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4, day 5. For day 6, we prepared pacha payaru sundal (green gram sundal). I soaked green gram in water overnight.
Since I soaked the green gram for almost 8 hours, I had to pressure cook for only 1 whistle.
1. Pachapayaru (Green moong dal/ green gram) – 1 cup
2. salt to taste
3. Oil to temper
4. Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
5. Red Chilli – 1
6. Coconut powder – 1/4 cup or less
1. Pressure cook pachapayaru for 1 whistle along with required salt. Open the cooker and check the dal. If you press it between your fingers, it should disintegrate. That’s the consistency
2. In a pan heat oil. Once the oil is hot, temper mustard seeds, red chilli, coconut.
3. Drain the water from the dal and add it to the pan. Carefully stir without breaking till its mixed well with the mustard and coconut
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves