Payatham Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
For Navarathiri day 2 we prepared Moong dal sundal. This sundal is very easy and doesn’t require any pre soaking. However if you soak for an hour, the dal will cook faster.
1. Payatham Paruppu (Moong Dal/ Pasi Paruppu) – 1/2 Cup
2. Salt to taste
3. Water just enough to cover the dal
4. Oil to temper
5. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
6. Red Chili – 1
7. Bengal gram dal/ Chenna dal – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat water in a pan. Add washed moong dal and required salt and let it boil
2. The dal should become soft. Once the dal is done, turn off the flame and discard the water
3. In a pan, heat oil. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Once mustard splatters add bengal gram dal and red chili
4. Now carefully add the moong dal and stir without breaking the dal
5. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves. Tasty moong dal sundal is ready.