Paneer Bread Rolls
A very easy and interesting recipe. I saw this was posted few years ago in one of the food blogs. Unfortunately I don’t recall the name of the blog. I have been making it at home since then. Its easy to put together. Its great as a ‘to-go snack’ when we go out on those car trips. You can be creative and use any filling. Sometimes I use this to re-purpose left over curries.
1. White bread – 10 (provides 10 rolls)
2. Paneer – very small cubes
3. Onion – ½ very small cubes
4. Green Capsicum – ¼ small cubes
6. Garam Masala – 1 pinch
7. Coriander powder – ½ tsp
8. Cumin powder – ½ tsp
10. Tomato sauce – 2 spoons
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Onions once hot & a pinch of salt to help onions brown faster
2. Once the onions are transparent, add capsicum & paneer. Sau·té and add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala
3. Switch off flame, add tomato sauce and mix
4. Remove the edges of the bread and flatten with a rolling pin
5. Place a little masala on the bread and bend the edges to create a roll
6. Seal the edges with a drop of water
7. In a dosa tava, place the bread and let them turn golden brown on all sides.
8. Serve with ketchup
We can be creative with the stuffing!