Carrot Chapathis dubbed as ‘Power Packed Breakfast’ in my household is an amazing recipe which my LO loves. My LO is a very finicky eater. There isn’t a lot of food items he approves and this is one of those few items he likes.
This is a well balanced dish for breakfast: whole wheat flour to provide the carbs, carrots and potatoes for the veggie content. Pair it with tomato nut chutney and we get the protein from nuts too. An easy way to make the kid eat nuts. Who wouldn’t like this?
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Carrot – 2 medium sized
Potatoes – 1 medium sized
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water to knead
1. Boil carrots and potato with a pinch of salt
2. Mash the boiled vegetables. Mix wheat flour, water, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder and mashed vegetables and knead into a soft dough
3. Heat tava. Pinch a dough ball and roll it flat to make small chapathis.
6. Once the tava is hot, place the chapathi on the tava. Turn the chapathi over after 1 minute
7. Turn it over again till it’s done
8. Serve with tomato- nut chutney for breakfast