Bird’s Nest (Paravaikoodu)
This is a simple easy to make dish suitable for parties.
1. Mashed Potatoes – 2
2. Onions – 1
3. Finely chopped green chillies – 2
5. Chilli powder
6. Coriander powder
7. Jeera powder
8. Boiled Peas
9. Maida – little
10. Semolina – little
11. Oil to fry
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix mashed potatoes, onions, chopped green chillies, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder
2. Add little water to maida and make a paste
3. Make balls out of the potato mixure and dip them in the maida paste
4. Immediately roll them on a bowl full of semolina so that the semolina sticks all over
5. Deep fry the balls in oil till the balls turn brown. Once done, with the help of a knife, carve out an aperture on the ball and place 2 to 3 boiled peas.
6. Repeat the same for all balls and serve with coriander leaves.