Stuffed Acorn Squash
I found this interesting recipe at Chef in you: http://chefinyou.com/2009/09/stuffed-acorn-squash-recipe/. We modified it into a naturopathy recipe and my 6 year old nephew loved it!
1. Acorn squash – 2
2. Rice mixture (Wild rice, brown rice, red rice) – 1 packet
3. Vegetables – carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, peas
4. Nuts – Almonds, Cashews
5. Salt to taste
6. Pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
1. Cut acorn squah into halves and boil them in a pressure cooker.
2. Cut vegetables and boil them except celery sticks
3. Cook the rice combination
4. Once the rice is done, add salt and pepper to it and mix it well
5. Add the boil vegetables, cut celery and cut nuts to the rice and mix well
6. Remove the pulp from acorn sqush and mix it with rice. Acorn squah pulp has a light sweet taste
7. Now, place some rice on acorn squah shell and garnish with parsely.
8. Tasty stuffed acorn squash is ready to be served