I made this with the MTR Vaangibath masala which is used for Katrikai Sadam.
1. Pavakka (BitterGourd) – 3 or 4
3. Red Chillies – 1
6. Urud Dal
7. MTR Vaangibath powder
8. Tamarind extract
12. Curry leaves
How to prepare:
1. Cut Bittergourd into small pieces and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, urud dal, red chillies
3. Add cashews.
4. Add the cut pavakka and fry till it becomes soft.
5. Add MTR Vaangibath masala and tamarind extract.
6. Add salt as per taste.
7. Finally add curry leaves and keep the mix aside.
8. Pressure cook rice and mix hot rice with the masala.
9. Serve hot with Curd/ Raitha.
10. Tasty Pavakka sadam is ready.
This recipe is going to Radhika Vasanth’s ‘Cook for yourself’ event.