Kaju masala is a tasty gravy made with cashewnuts. The procedure i followed to prepare is very much similar to the previous aloo masala recipe, subsituting cashews for aloos.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
1. Cashewnuts – 10 to 15
2. Tomatoes – 2
3. Onion – 1
4. green chillies – 2
5. kus -kus – little
6. ginger-garlic paste / ginger and garlic – little
7. Sombu for garnishing
9. salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder
How to prepare:
1. Grind tomatoes, onion, green chillies, cashewnuts, kus-kus, ginger, garlic into a fine paste.
2. In a kadai, add little oil and when the oil heats up, add sombu
3. Add the ground mixture.
4. When the mixture starts to boil, add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and little sugar.
5. In a separate kadai, fry cashews till golden brown in ghee.
6. Add the cashews to the gravy.
7. When the masala gets cooked, add little coriander and serve with chapathis.
8. Tasty kaju masala is ready.