I made this last week in a hurry. But it turned out very well.
Ingredients: (for 2 people)
1. Potatoes – boiled
2. Tomatoes – 2
3. Onion – 1
4. green chillies – 2
5. cashewnut -few
6. kus -kus – little
7. ginger-garlic paste / ginger and garlic – little
8. Sombu for garnishing
10. salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder
How to prepare:
1. Grind tomatoes, onion, green chillies, cashewnuts, kus-kus, ginger, garlic into a fine paste.
2. In a kadai, add little oil and when the oil heats up, add sombu
3. Add the ground mixture.
4. When the mixture starts to boil, add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and little sugar.
5. Add the boiled potatoes.
6. When the masala gets cooked, add little coriander and serve with chapathis.
7. Tasty aloo masala is ready.