It was a lazy Sunday morning. When I pestered my mom for a light delicious breakfast, she made this ‘Bread upma’ with the left over vegetables out of the previous week’s cooking.. She made this quick and easy to make light recipe for the morning breakfast. It was very healthy and delicious too. I took the photo and got the recipe from her.
1. Bread pieces – 4 to 5
2. Mustard – few
4. Vegetables – carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, peas, potatoes, onions, green chillies.
5. cashew nuts
6. coriander leaves.
How to prepare:
1. In a kadai, heat little oil, add mustards.
2. When the mustard splutters, add the finely cut vegetables and fry well.
3. Add cashewnuts/ any other dry fruits.
4. soak the breads in water for a second and crush them and add to the vegetables.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add coriander leaves and cook for some time.
7. Bread upma is ready to be served.