For Masala (Makes 4 dosas)
1. Potatoes – 2 medium sized
2. Onions – 1
3. Green Chilly – 1
4. Mustard, Bengal Gram, Curry leaves
4. Salt, Turmeric powder, Amchur powder (Can be substituted with lime)
How to prepare:
1. Boil and mash potatoes.
2. In a kadai, add little oil. When the oil gets heated, add mustard.
3. When the mustard splatters, add little bengal gram.
4. Add finely chopped onions. When the onions change color, add little green chillies.
5. Add mashed potatoes.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder. Little Amchur powder for the tangy taste. Add curry leaves.
7. Mix well and keep it aside.
Prepare Green chutney or white coconut Chutney (See previous posts for green chutney).
1. With dosa batter, make thin dosas. Spread a layer of chutney on the dosa.
2. Keep the potato masala. Close the other side of the dosa and let it cook for a second and serve hot with Chutney/ Sambhar.
I am sending this recipe to Padma’s Recipes 1st Event ‘Dosa Corner’