1. 4 Cups Boiled Idly Rice
2. 1 Cup Urud Dhal
3. Salt – For 4 Cups, 1 handful of rock salt.
How to prepare:
1. Soak rice and urud dhall separately for 2 hours.
2. Grind Urud Dhall into fine paste.
3. Add salt and grind rice into fine paste. (For making idly, grind it to rava type)
4. Mix Rice paste & Urud dhall paste.
5. Leave the batter in a big container for 10 hours allowing it to ferment. When it ferments, stir well.
6. Once fermented, store the batter in refridgerator. It can be stored for 1 week.