Hot Tomato Soup & Bread Toast
A very Happy New Year to all my visitors! This had always been my favorite recipe from childhood. Chennai has got more colder this year than last year and what more can be a more relaxing dinner on a chilly night than a hot cup of soup & bread toasts? So here I go.. with my version of the soup.
Ingredients: (For 2 people)
1. Tomatoes – 4
2. Pepper – As per taste
3. Salt – As per taste
4. Cornflour powder – 1/2 spoon
5. Butter/ Ghee – 1 spoon
How to prepare:
1. In a mixer, grind tomatoes and pepper so that it becomes a watery fine paste.
2.In a kadai and add the tomato mixture and heat it.
3. Add salt as per taste.
4. Add water if necessary.
5. When the mixture gets heated, mix cornflour with water and add.
6. Transfer the contents into a Soup bowl.
7. In a flat bottomed kadai, with little ghee, toast the breads.
8. Cut a bread into small pieces and add it to soup.
9. Sprinkle some coriander on soup and serve it hot with toasted breads.
10. Tasty tomato soup with toasted bread is now ready.
This recipe is listed on Foodista. Click below link to view.
I am sending this post to Lisa’s Kitchen’s ‘No Croutons Required – Vegetable Soups’