1. Rava – 1 Cup
2. Curd – 1 Cup
3. Urud Dal batter- 1/4 Cup
4. Salt to taste
2. Mustard Seeds
3. Bengal gram
4. Green/ Red Chillies
6. curry leaves
1. Saute the ingredients given for garnishing and keep them aside in a cup.
2. In the same kadai, roast the rava till its color starts to change and add it to the cup.
3. Add Curd to the mixture and salt to taste and mix well into a batter. Add Urud dal batter for softness.
4. Add finely chopped carrot, Cilantro and green peas. Dry fruits like cashewnuts can also be added.
5. Optional: A pinch of turmeric can be added for color.
6. Optional: A pinch of pepper powder and jeera powder can added for aroma.
7. Leave the batter aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. Grease the idly plate with oil and bake the batter into Rava idlies.
9. Rava idly is now ready. Server it hot with Tomato/Coconut/Pudhina chutney.