This is a ‘Vinayaka Chaturti speciality’. Its a very popular Indian sweet and is also referred as ‘Mothak’ or ‘Mothakam’. My mom made it recently and I got the recipe from her.
1. 1/2 coconut – grated.
How to prepare:
1. To grated coconut add jaggery and stir well in sim.
2. When the mixture becomes dry, add powdered elachi powder. Mix well and make them small balls.
1. Soak the rice in cold water for half an hour, wash and drain.
2. allow the rice to dry.
3. grind it into fine powder.
4. Boil 3/4th cup water.
5. Add salt, 2 spoons gingely oil to water.
6. Add one cup of rice powder to water with constant stirring.
7. Mix well into a thick batter. close the mixture and keep it aside for 30 mins.
8. Make it a soft dough and make small cups.
9. Stuff the purnam into a cup and close the edges.
10. Steam the kozhakattais in cooker.
I am sending this to Padmajha’s Let’s go nuts event.