Bhagara Baingan is a spicy Andhra dish. Its made with Brinjal (Eggplant).Its a good side dish for chapathis/ parathas
1. Brinjal/ Eggplant – small size 250g (Slit open and deep fry in oil without cutting it completely)
2. Onions – 3 -Finely chopped
3. Tomatoes – 3 Finely Chopped
4. ginger-garlic paste
8. grated coconut
9. turmeric powder
13. curry leaves
15. vanaspathi/ ghee/ oil
How to prepare:
1. With little ghee/ vanaspathi, roast the cashew, kus-kus, peanuts and grated coconut.
2. Grind the above with little water and keep it aside.
3. With little ghee, saute oinons, tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste.
4. Add the nuts mixture to the vegetables gravy.
5. To the gravy, add little turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste.
6. Remove the gravy from flame and keep it aside.
7. In a pan, add little ghee and roast cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and curry leaves.
8. Add the cooked gravy to the pan and add deep fried baingan (brinjal/Eggplant).
9. Add coriander for garnishing.
10. Bhagara Baingan is now ready to be served. Serve hot with parathas (Indian bread).