Potato Vada (Batata Vada)
This is another Gujarathi recipe. Got this recipe from my neighbour and tried. It tasted very yummy.
1. Potato : 1/2 Kg (Boiled and mashed)
2. Green chilli : To taste
3. Salt : To taste
4. Sugar: 1/2 tsp
5. lime juice : 1spoon
6. groundnut powder : 1 big spoon (Coarse powder)
7. garam masala : 1 tsp
9. finely chopper coriander
1. Bengal gram powder
3. chilli powder
4. turmeric powder
5. coriander powder
6. soda bicarbonate
How to prepare:
1. To mashed potato, add salt, sugar.
2. Grind green chilli and garlic and add it to the mixture.
3. Add lime juice, garam masala, groundnut powder, coriander.
4. Make a ball.
5. Make a thin batter with bengal gram powder, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, soda bicarbonate(little) and water.
6. Dip the balls in batter and deep fry in oil.
7. Tasty potato vadas are ready.
This recipe is being sent to Tasty Palette’s Vegan Month .