Khaman Dhokla is a popular and tasty Gujarathi dish. I got the recipe from my neighbour and tried it. It came out very well and tasted very good. 🙂
1. Bengal gram powder : 1 Cup
2. Curd : 1 Cup
3. Water: 1/2 Cup
4. green chilli : 2
5. garlic : 1 (3 or 4 pieces)
6. salt : to taste
7. sugar: to taste
8. oil: 1 spoon
9. eno powder : 1 spoon
11. Curry leaves
How to prepare:
1. Mix Bengal gram powder, curd, water, salt, sugar, oil into a thin batter.
2. Grind chilli and garlic and add it to the batter and mix well.
3. Grease a pressure cooker vessel with oil and keep it ready.
4. Add 1 spoon eno to the batter. When the batter rises, immediately pour the batter into the pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes without putting the weight on.
5. In a small kadai, add some oil and once it gets heated, add mustard, curry leaves and thinly sliced green chilli and half cup water.
6. Add this mixture to the pressure cooked dhokla and shake well.
7. Slice the dhoklas.
8. Tasty dhokla is now ready to eat. It goes well with coriander chutney.